You are here
Core Strategic Values:
The University adopts the following core values:
- Quality: A level of performance that procured the stakeholder satisfaction and ensures future continuous improvement.
- Justice and integrity: All employees are treated fairly and equally.
- Teamwork and cooperation: A culture of teamwork and collaboration is highly emphasized.
- Transparency and accountability: The University’s performance and reaction to all enquiries regarding its performance are fairly published.
Strategic Goals and Objectives:
Based on the analysis of current situation and benchmarking studies, ten strategic goals have been identified for the University's strategic plan.
These goals are:
- 1. To develop an effective and supportive organizational structure.
- 2. To increase the University’s financial resources.
- 3. To develop effective local and international partnerships.
- 4. To continue developing the sophisticated university infrastructure.
- 5. To continue developing an effective infrastructure for research and graduate programs.
- 6. To build an effective long term communication with graduates and job market.
- 7. To enhance the university’s quality assurance and support continuous development.
- 8.To develop instruction and create an effective teaching-learning environment.
- 9.To attract and retain high qualified faculty members.
- 10.To maintain high standards of support and services executed to students.
Thirty eight derived objectives were extracted from the main ten strategic goals. The following list shows each strategic goal and the objectives related to the goal.
1. To maintain high standards of support and services executed to students:
- A. To develop an excellent program for orientation year students.
B. To establish a center for supporting innovations and creativity.
C. To establish a center for academic advising, guidance and counseling.
D. To support extra-curricular activities, students' clubs and student service centers.
E. To establish an effective system for admission and attracting high performance students.
- 2. To attract and retain high qualified faculty members:
A. To develop mechanisms for attracting distinguished faculty members.
B. To establish a motivating and faculty development programs.
C. To create an exchange program for professors with reputable national and international universities.
- 3. To develop instruction and create an effective teaching-learning environment:
A. To develop university curricula for all programs to meet quality standards.
B. To establish a teaching and academia development center.
C. To adopt and integrate e-Learning technologies in different programs.
D. To adopt distance learning approaches and creating life-long learning programs.
- 4. To enhance the university’s quality assurance and support continuous development:
A. To sustain quality management systems development.
B. To establish a university performance measurement system.
C. To acquire institutional and programs accreditation.
D. To establish incentives and awards program.
- 5. To build an effective long term communication with alumni and employers:
A. To establish a program to enhance graduates’ skills.
B. To develop mechanisms for building partnerships with employers and enhancing alumni regular communication with the university.
- 6. To continue developing an effective infrastructure for research and graduate programs:
A. To establish the research infrastructure and continuing its upgrading.
B. To create and develop graduate programs.
C. To establish a modern and integrated high-tech library and virtual labs.
- 7. To continue developing the sophisticated university infrastructure:
A. To develop University' academic facilities and services.
B. To develop University landscaping.
C. To build temporary constructions to meet expansions of colleges.
D. To carry out a study relevant to effective maintenance, operations, safety and security.
E. To establish university smart campus and transformation to e-transaction.
F. To Establish Campus networking connection and communication.
- 8. To develop effective local and international partnerships:
A. To build a strong partnership with community institutions.
B. To establish good communications partnerships with national & global institutions.
C. To encourage voluntary culture among students and faculty members.
- 9. To increase the University’s financial resources:
A. To Establish the University endowment fund.
B. To establish a system for university investment projects.
C. To develop the community service and continuous education centre.
D. To develop a unit to promote the investment of university qualifications, facilities and services.
- 10. To develop an effective and supportive organizational structure:
A. To identify a written university educational philosophy, and monitor it’s applications among academic practices.
B. To accomplish the University's hierarchical, councils and academic programs re-structuring.
C. To carry out a feasibility study on splitting colleges located out of Al-Kharj province into an independent new University.
D. To develop staff qualifications and promote the University entity.
Priorities and Key Success Areas:
Based on the findings of university internal environment analysis, the strategic planning team became aware of weaknesses and strengthens. This clear awareness helps to decided about the main areas of priorities to start with in order to offer a solid base to continue performing the strategic goals. The strategic planning committee reached 12 top instant objectives as top priority objectives for university development.
The committee extracted five objectives out of the twelve after intensive deep discussions to be the priority task as well as the key success objectives. These objectives are:
- 1. To identify a written university educational philosophy, and monitor it’s applications among academic practices.
- 2. To develop an excellent program for orientation year students.
- 3. To accomplish the University's hierarchical, councils and academic programs re-structuring.
- 4. To develop university curricula for all programs to meet quality standards.
- 5. To establish university smart campus and transformation to e-transaction.